Best Gas Chainsaw – Husqvarna 460 Rancher
If cutting log using an electric chainsaw or a similar under-powered machine did not make you feel like a lumberjack, the Husqvarna 460 should definitely make you feel like one. There are different chainsaws on the market. Electric-powered chainsaws are the more casual ones that professionals usually stay away from or use as secondary saws. In this article, we’ll take a look at a professional chainsaw called the Husqvarna 460 that even fire service personnel would feel proud to associate with.
What Makes Husqvarna The Best Gas Chainsaw?
The Husqvarna 460 is a gas-powered chainsaw with a 24-inch long bar. It’s powerful and recommended for jobs where even the best electric chainsaws concede defeat. In other words, the Husqvarna 460 24-inch 60cc rancher chain saw can efficiently handle even the most demanding cutting jobs. Built-in with the X-Torq engine that has a large torque above a stretched rpm range, the Husqvarna 460 screams power. The machine requires some level of assembly, which should be easy if you are accustomed to such tools. For others, there’s always the instruction manual. If not for the assembly, you’ll definitely need the manual when cleaning the chainsaw as taking the saw apart can be a learning curve.
- The Husqvarna 460 is a logger’s dream. It can cut through a variety of woods – be it soft, hard, or anything else. The saw isn’t made for lightweight trimming and pruning; it’s for the large trees.
- As the chainsaw is extremely potent, the makers have built the chainsaw with an ergonomically designed handle that ensures the raw power is easy to hold on to and work with.
- With a total weight of 21 pounds, the chainsaw is not light enough to be called flimsy and it’s also not too heavy to lug or maneuver around with. People with average strength should have no trouble handling this machine. It’s just the right weight that makes it durable and premium.
- For its performance and power, the Husqvarna 460 is certainly not that expensive, especially when compared to chainsaws of the same category. Moreover, it’s much smoother compared to the more expensive gas-powered chainsaws.
- As aforementioned, the Husqvarna 460 is certainly not too heavy to carry. However, if you’re running it for several hours straight, your arms could get a workout which you may not prefer.
- The chainsaw is not the cheapest and it’s not meant for everybody. If you’re the one who frequently cuts large material and does not want any power compromises, the price shouldn’t be a deal-breaker.
- Getting replacement blades can be an issue, since local hardware stores aren’t likely to carry them. However, they can be easily bought online.
- When starting afresh, you may face some starting troubles. However, once you’ve done a few adjustments, the saw should work perfectly well. Also, the performance may vary a bit with different types of wood, but it would still get the job done pretty fine.
My Final Say:
A gas-powered chainsaw is meant for hardcore lumberjacks who need nothing but performance – they do not mind the noise, weight, or price of the equipment. It’s performance that matters to and satisfies them the most. The Husqvarna 460 is what most professionals would call “home”. In other words, the Husqvarna 460 is not too far away from being the best gas chainsaw money can buy.
In Other Chainsaw News:
- Makita UC4051A: Best Electric Chainsaw
- Bluemax 6595 Chainsaw Review
- OREGON Electric Chainsaw Review
- Black + Decker Electric Chainsaw Review
- Husqvarna 460 Rancher Chainsaw Review
- Best Small Chainsaw — Makita 18v cordless chainsaw
- Best Chainsaw For The Money – Poulan Pro Chainsaw
- Best Cordless Chainsaw
- Best Electric Chainsaw