Best 12″ Miter Saw: Bosch GCM12SD Miter saw Review
The GCM12SD is Bosch’s new and improved miter saw that promises to deliver unmatched smoothness and durable precision in a relatively compact body. Featuring Axial-Glide, the saw functions by pivoting the flexible arm at the same level as the saw’s rear. This helps save close to 12 inches of work space compared to a conventional miter saw that has a sliding compound system. This also ensures the saw can be operated with almost zero clearance behind it. In this best 12″miter saw review, we’ll find out how does the GCM12SD manages to provide wider cross-cuts, smooth glide, and enhanced alignment for life.
|[su_list icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#00bf08″]
|[su_list icon=”icon: frown-o” icon_color=”#990008″]
Top 5 FAQs
• Is there a depth stop on this saw for creating a dado?
Yes, the saw has that adjustment feature.
• What is the blade arbor’s size?
The blade arbor size is an inch.
• Are there crown stops?
Crown stops aren’t available right out of the box. You may, however, get them as an additional accessory.
• Does the detent system have plastic?
Yes, it has got plastic. However, the plastic is extremely solid and is 95 percent perfect for 99 percent of cuts.
• What blades come with the saw?
A mid-quality, decent blade comes in the package. You can, however, replace it with a more efficient, high-quality blade.
The Bosch GCM12SD, as aforementioned, is meant for professionals or people who have some good experience handling and working with such machines. This is because to derive the best performance from this machine, one would have to make some adjustments, which an amateur cannot. The performance and power is great; durability is excellent as well. And the fact that it’s a Bosch, getting aftermarket components for this machine won’t be an issue. Long story short, the Bosch is probably the best 12″ miter saw money can buy right now.
In Other Miter Saw News:
- Best Miter Saw For A Homeowner: Hitachi C10FCE2 Miter saw Review
- Best Miter Chop Saw: Makita LS1040 Miter Saw
- Best Compact Miter Saw: Makita LS1018 Miter saw
- Craftsman 10″ compact sliding miter saw review
- Best double bevel miter saw: Hitachi C12SH2 Miter saw Review
- Best single bevel miter saw: Dewalt DW715 Miter saw Review
- Best Sliding Compound Miter Saw: Dewalt DWS779