Best Compact Miter Saw: Makita LS1018 Miter saw
A compact miter saw makes many jobs easier. It can be taken to the job site or used at home, for multiple projects. Features are sometimes important to the user, depending on the job and the types of projects the user wants to tackle. Makita makes a handy model for a variety of jobs, at an affordable price. Read on for a Makita LS1018 Miter saw review.
|[su_list icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#00bf08″]
|[su_list icon=”icon: frown-o” icon_color=”#990008″]
Top Makita Compact Miter Saw Questions & Answers
1. What is the price?
The saw is priced around $275.
2. Does the saw come with a warranty?
3 year limited warranty
3. What is the blade size?
The blade is 10 inches. This saw will make cuts up to 12 inches.
4. What is the weight of the saw?
The saw weighs 43.7 pound out of the box.
5. What kind of jobs is this mini miter saw designed for?
The saw is designed for finish and carpentry work, such as crown molding, trim, woodworking, and general carpentry.
What Makes this the best compact miter saw?
The best compact miter saw is one that can be taken to any job and performs as expected, with professional results. While the fence and angle may require some adjustment, The saw works as expected and the blade provides a smooth, clean cut.
A saw for use on a job site or around the house should be light weight, accurate, and have enough power for many different jobs. The Makita LS1018 is light enough to transport, yet powerful enough for most cabinetry, trim, and carpentry jobs. Some users recommend buying different blades, for different types of jobs. Harder woods and plywood often require a blade with more teeth, for a smoother cut. Most users say they get square, accurate, and smooth cuts when using this saw. If a potential buyer likes the rest of the feature, this is one of the best compact miter saw models to consider.
In other miter saw news:
- Best 12″ Miter Saw: Bosch GCM12SD Miter saw Review
- Best Miter Saw For A Homeowner: Hitachi C10FCE2 Miter saw Review
- Best Miter Chop Saw: Makita LS1040 Miter Saw
- Craftsman 10″ compact sliding miter saw review
- Best double bevel miter saw: Hitachi C12SH2 Miter saw Review
- Best single bevel miter saw: Dewalt DW715 Miter saw Review
- Best Sliding Compound Miter Saw: Dewalt DWS779