Best Miter Chop Saw: Makita LS1040 Miter Saw
The Makita LS1040 is a 10-inch compound miter saw known for its performance, capacity, accuracy, and handling convenience. The chop saw is equipped with a capable direct drive, 15 AMP motor, along with 4600 RPM for increased performance. The cutting capacity is up to 45 degrees on the left and 52 degrees on the right, in addition to 9 positive stops to accommodate common miter cuts. All of these attributes help the saw perform a range of tasks such as cabinetry, woodworking, framing, deck building, etc. with tremendous ease. There are several other unique aspects of this saw that we shall cover in a little more detail in the remainder of this Makita miter saw review.
|[su_list icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#00bf08″]
|[su_list icon=”icon: frown-o” icon_color=”#990008″]
Top Makita Chop Miter Saw Questions & Answers
• What are the nine positive miter stop settings?
The stops are 15, 22.5, 30, and 45 degrees on both sides (left and right). There’s also a 90 degree miter stop.
• What’s the warranty like?
The product has a limited warranty for a year.
• What is the actual weight of the product – 24.2 or 33 pounds?
24.2 pounds is the weight of the product alone. 33 pounds is the weight of the shipment with the product inside.
• What’s the design of the saw like?
The saw design and construction is fairly basic and robust.
• Does the machine vibrate too much?
Upon starting up, the machine may kick and vibrate a bit, which can be easily fixed by screwing or clamping the machine to a bench.
The Makita LS1040 is the ideal saw for both professionals and amateurs, and there are reasons why. Amateurs who are new to the woodworking domain would obviously not possess much information as far as what type of saw to buy and what feature they should look for in the machine. The Makita LS1040 keeps it simple and offers what is most important, not confusing the buyer or complicating matters as a result. As far as professionals go, the Makita LS1040 packs in more than enough punch to satisfy hardcore woodworkers. This makes the LS1040 the best metal chop saw within its category.
In other miter saw news:
- Best 12″ Miter Saw: Bosch GCM12SD Miter saw Review
- Best Miter Saw For A Homeowner: Hitachi C10FCE2 Miter saw Review
- Best Compact Miter Saw: Makita LS1018 Miter saw
- Craftsman 10″ compact sliding miter saw review
- Best double bevel miter saw: Hitachi C12SH2 Miter saw Review
- Best single bevel miter saw: Dewalt DW715 Miter saw Review
- Best Sliding Compound Miter Saw: Dewalt DWS779